Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

To My African-Americans... I Pray



To my African-Americans...... I pray

In a world where time moves at the speed of light, where rules are not right and nothing will ever surprise the eyesite.

I pray.

In a place where people have lost respect for each other, when a son will kill his own mother, where family has lost its meaning and eating together is a joke...... I wonder to myself, is there any hope?

I pray.

Ashamed to be Black and too small-minded to see it, steadily creating negative images and upset when others try and be it. Yelling at the media for depicting us in so many stereotypical ways, but of all the Black films you have seen, how many showed us paving the way?

I pray.

We have to take a stance first and show them we have respect, we have got to quit being sellouts for our race versus a paycheck.

We have got to walk the walk and quit all this talking, we have got to find a way to get back together. If we hold our hands up high, we can get past all this bad weather.

To my African-Americans.... I pray ( Romaro Spivey 2007)

0 comments: